Sunday, January 22, 2006

Today

My wife and I are attending a Methodist church in our area and have joined a Sunday evening discussion group called "Survey of Methodism." So tonight we went there to learn a little more about Wesleyan Theology that details the Means of Grace and the three different types of grace.

It was an interesting discussion, but it was hard for both my wife and I to step out of "debate mode" and actually listen to the discussion. Still, I think we managed pretty well. Can't say that we're Methodists yet, or even that we will be in the future, but it's nice to get out and have some conversations!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three different types of "grace" huh? Sounds complicated. Is one of them amazing?

i,Sardonicus said...

Yes. Here are the three types:

-- Prevenient Grace (Grace that comes before)
-- Justifying Grace (Accepting God's pardon and love for us, essentially getting saved)
-- Sanctifying Grace (growing spiritually and becoming more Christ-like)

Means of Grace:
Devotion
Worship
Compassion
Justice