Friday, October 06, 2006

Recap, Roses, Wrong Places

Today began in the morning, like most days. In 80 degree weather I was wearing a shirt and tie to stack bags of firewood to Build a Massive Display. Four pallets worth. A sweat-inducing job. Though not too strenuous.

Somewhere later on I found myself piecing together floral elements to wrap a rose and also to make a corsage. Let me tell you, that takes talent. Which is what I think I lack... but not bad for a rookie. The Florist gave me a C+ :-P. I rock. I wish I would have taken a picture.

Venturing home, I got on the phone with Ceil and we got to talking. I was on my way to a rendezvous point to eat dinner out with my family (Katie and the Beep are in Ohio). So we were talking about Alumni Stuff, the Weekend, and about the current shenanigans happening on the Hill. My family wasn't there yet, so I walked in, asked for a table of six, and sat down. The attentive waitress brought me some tea right away. Well, I realized after a few minutes that I was in the wrong restaurant, and that they were waiting for me next door.

So I flagged her down, told her "my party decided to go somewhere else" and asked to pay for the tea. (I was very self-deprecating in my demeanor)... She told me not to worry about it. I walked next door. Dinner commenced...

No comments: