This is an actual exchange of emails between Schwartzy, Moel Joughon and me. See if you can guess what the answers are without looking at the answers below.
---
KK: YGSR - GTSYLW. TTYL
---
SW: SIADN
---
KK: WTH???
---
SW: YKWIM
KK: Y, IK, FIO.
---
KK: TIR!
---
MJ: STIWITC
---
KK: VF, S#1
---
KK: SIG
---
SW: CBAIVD
---
Answers:
1. You guys so rock. Good to see you last week. talk to you later.
2. Stick it and die now.
3. What the heck???
4. You know what I mean.
5. Yes, I know, figured it out.
6. That is right! (responding to MJ correctly guessing the meaning)
7. So there I was in the
8. Very funny, stupid number 1. [note: refers to the host families when I went to get the guys to drive them in the school. I walked into the room and said, alright, stupid number 1, stupid number 2, you guys ready? (this seems harsh in text but was very jovially and lovingly delivered and MJ has thought it was funny ever since)].
9. Stick it good. (another jovial expression adopted from KnepperKnepperLand and can actually be a very friendly phrase for greeting people).
10. Conversing by acronymns is very difficult.
Anyway, this post is designed to shed light on the effects that can occur after living in very confined spaces with me for awhile. I'm not sure anyone else would have enjoyed trying to abbreviate our stock phrases and send them back and forth, but I thought it was funny and didn't have anything else exciting to write about, so here you are.
No comments:
Post a Comment