Happy Easter, everyone. I hope that you're having a wonderful Sunday. I actually got the day off, an oddity for any Holiday. I downloaded Carbon Leaf's 5 Alive album, which is basically a 20 song compilation of live performances.
As I'm sitting here listening to them, I am reflecting on how unique it is to be a professional musician... why, in my job, when I start to do something, I never get any recognition applause. Think about it... when is the last time you did something and people started clapping because they recognized what was coming next? Imagine being a white collar guy and you're about to change the toner or paper in the copier. A few people stand around, and as you start reaching for the supplies they start cheering you on because they recognize the action... wouldn't that make work a better place?
It's all about the recognition clap.
Sunday, April 08, 2007
In Search of the Recognition Clap...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment