Monday, November 13, 2006

A Badge, A Raise, A Steak

Today I completed my "Total Store" Phase and received my official Blue Badge (which means that I am now a C0-Manager). I also got a raise, which made me happy, and I was told that
I answered the How to Handle a Bomb Threat question better than anyone had before. We went to celebrate the evening at Outback, as I was in celebratory enough of a mood that I didn't mind the calorie indulgence.

It's going to be a challenge, as now I am handling millions of dollars worth of inventory during our busiest time of year, and directing 160+ employees in a workforce ranging from 15 to 72. A big job for sure, but I am looking forward to it and am feeling pretty upbeat at the moment.

The store I'll be at is in a good part of town, with good clientel, and a good unit manager. Hopefully there is good bonus potential as well. :-)

Oh yeah, I also got six pairs of dress pants last night on Freecycle. They were all Ralph Lauren brand and some even had the original tags on them priced at $85. Yeah, stick it, Moel Joughon!!!

3 comments:

The Wileyman said...

Congrats on all of the above, bro.

i,Sardonicus said...

Bro, how Bro thou Art!

Elisa said...

Congratulations! It sounds like things are going very well for you guys. I'm so happy for you and Katie :-) BTW, I saw JLS yesterday and he seems to be doing well.